Pattern for icecream tote bag.
Materals, I used natural craft cotton and a 5m hook.
Abbreviations - UK terms
ch- chain stitch
Tr- triple stitch
slst- slip stitch
Decrease triple crochet
Notes, chain 2 at the beginning of each round, this does not count has a stitch.
1. Work 12 tr into first ch from hook, join to top of first st. (12)
2, ch2, 2 tr in each st around, join to top of first st (24)
3. ch2, 1tr in next st, 2tr in the next st around, repeat pattern, join to top of first st (36)
4, ch2, tr in the next 2 st, 2tr in the next, repeat around, join to top of first st (48)
5. ch2, tr in the next 3 st, 2tr in the next, repeat around, join to top of first st.
6. ch3, tr ch1 in each st around, don't slip stitch to the top of each starting ch, put your hook in the first ch1 space of round 6, continue this on each round.
7-26, tr ch1 in each ch1 space.
This is where I changed colour.
27. ch2, tr in each ch 1 space.
28. ch2, tr between each tr of last round.
29. ch2, repeat round 28. Do not fasten off.
Handles, worked in rows.
Row 1, ch2 counts has first stitch, 1 tr in the next 9 st (10)..
Row 2, ch2 turn, tr decrease in the next 2 st, 1 tr in next 6 stitches , tr decrease in the last 2 st.
Row 3, ch 2 turn, tr decrease in the next 2 st, 1 tr in next 4 stitches, tr decrease in the last 2 st.
Row 4-12, ch2 turn, 1 tr into each st to end of row, turn (carry on if you want longer straps).
Now fold your bag in half, to detemine where to start the strap on the other side, repeat pattern for first strap.
To finish I crocheted the 2 sides of the strap together on the wrong side.
Sew up all your lose ends. Bag finished
Hope the pattern makes sense and your happy with your finished bag.
If your on instagram please tag me in photos of your finished bag.